Tutorial difficulty

For discussions about the release version of the game.
sdmaturin

Tutorial difficulty

Post by sdmaturin »

Impressive game, but i have to complain a bit about part of the intro. The first time i visited a planet, my tv was destroyed by a roving creature and I couldn't afford another, forcing me to start from scratch. Felt that was a bit unfair. Also, I couldn't understand why intersystem travel would need fuel all of a sudden, in regards to sf1 and 2. I will try it again, though.
Liggett

Re: Tutorial difficulty

Post by Liggett »

I have to agree...the tutorial missions are extremely unforgiving if anything goes wrong.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

... Kind of a subtle hint that if you start collecting minerals and lifeforms to sell back to Starport instead of strictly following the game in a linear order, you could quickly collect a little bit of extra fuel.
erlhantos

Post by erlhantos »

before you hit planets with life forms build up your cash reserve on the ones with no life forms, that way when u go after the life form for one of the training mission you will have the extra cash to buy a cargo pod. I had to do what you did when i went to get the life form in the training mission and lost my TV. i will post a file in the hints section with locations of ruins in the Arth System also which planets have no life forms but lots of minerals, that way you can visit them first and get yourself some extra cash for when you go chasing after life forms.