User Interface

For discussions about the release version of the game.
AvidLearner369

User Interface

Post by AvidLearner369 »

Hello all, and thank you for bringing back one of my favorite games of all time!! I am a starflight fan from way back and now having said that, I can honestly say that i feel really old! :)

I have just started playing this game, and I absolutely love it so far! The only complaint I have about the game so far is that sometimes the interface seems overly klunky.
For instance: When mining in the Terrain Vehicle I can see moving from one resource to another to gather them up, but to have to go to a menu to scan the resource and then go back to the same menu to mine it seems a bit much sometimes.
I am not saying that it needs to be changed, but I feel the game interface could benefit from some context sensitive mouse support (i.e. right clicking on an object and selecting from a list of options/actions, or using the mouse to move about) in addition to the current control scheme.

I was wondering if any such plans were being considered for upcoming versions of the game? I think that would be a blast!!!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to enjoy this game for a long time to come!!

Avidlearner.